Modalidad: en línea
Organizado por: Association for Library Collections & Technical Services (ALCTS)
Fecha: entre el 10 de septiembre y el 21 de diciembre de 2018 (recepción de aplicaciones hasta el 24 de agosto)
The goal of this program is helping library professionals from developing countries stay current with the latest trends and developments in technical services areas and enhance their professional knowledge and skills in librarianship and information science.
One free seat per ALCTS online continuing educational course session is available to librarians and information professionals from developing countries.
- Have a degree in library or information science (e.g. a 4-year undergraduate degree or a master’s) or,
- be enrolled in a library or information science program in a developing country or,
- be working as a librarian or information professional in a developing country
- Be a legal national from a qualifying developing country (see lists of Qualifying Countries: World Bank | United Nations) living in this country.
- Have working knowledge of English
- Have technical abilities to participate in an online course: *
- computer skills: be comfortable with Internet browsers such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, etc.; a word processing program, such as Microsoft Word, Word Perfect, etc., be able to send emails with attachments; copy and paste text; download and save a file, install a program or plug-in; quickly learn a new program using online tutorial or Help section;
- regular unlimited access to a computer (at least a Pentium II-based PC or a G3 PowerMac machine;
- a reliable high-speed Internet connection (Broadband or DSL, or at least 56k modem);
- antivirus software installed and kept up-to-date on a computer.
*See Are you ready for online learning? for general information on online learning. Also look for technical requirements at course description as they may vary from course to course. Send e-mail to [email protected] if you have any questions.
- Financial need in assistance due to insufficient or lack of funding for professional development from your employer.
- Legal nationals from developing countries studying abroad are not eligible for this grant.