Modalidad: en línea
Organizado por: Library 2.0
Fecha: 29 de octubre de 2021
A 60-minute training webinar presented by Library 2.0 and hosted by ALA author and library service, safety, and security expert, Dr. Steve Albrecht.
There are four core themes to team success in the library environment:
- We take care of each other here. Team-building is about focusing on creating and applying the tools and techniques that individual employees and workgroups need to be successful.
- Our library will not tolerate behaviors from employees, managers, or supervisors that can harm a functioning, productive team, create a hostile work environment, or make it difficult for our co-workers to do their work safely and successfully. Bosses need to step in and initiate solutions when employees or teams are not getting along, using a structured process.
- We have external service relationships with our patrons and internal service relationships with our co-workers, and both are important and need to be maintained and balanced throughout our workday. However, sometimes the internal service focus doesn’t get much attention until there are problems with our workgroups.
- Even high-functioning teams need guidance, support, and reminders to help them meet, work, problem-solve, and thrive. The tools from this webinar can help.
- Defining our teamwork culture in the library. What makes a successful team?
- An employee conflict resolution process for managers and supervisors.
- The four-step process to set team Ground Rules.
- Using direct, non-personal, immediate feedback, not criticism.
- Developing a personal behavioral motto.
- The need for Social Intelligence.
- Using the P.I.N. tool for more productive meetings (What’s Positive-Interesting-Negative?
- Using the Keep/Stop/Start exercise to grow group success.
- The power of praise.
DATE: Friday, October 29th, 2021, at 4:00 pm Eastern Daylight Time
- $99/person – includes any-time access to the recording and the presentation slides and to receive a participation certificate. To arrange group discounts (see below), to submit a purchase order, or for any registration difficulties or questions, email [email protected]
- FREE for those on individual or group all-access passes (see below).
TO REGISTER: Click HERE. You will first need to be a member of Library 2.0 (free) and be logged in. Please click “Sign Up” on the top right and we’ll approve you quickly. You can pay by PayPal or credit card, and will receive immediate and permanent access to the webinar recording. If you have any trouble registering for a webinar, if you need to be invoiced, or if you have any questions, please email [email protected]