Modalidad: en línea
Organizado por: Library 2.0
Fecha: 27 de agosto de 2021
A 60-minute training webinar presented by Library 2.0 and hosted by ALA author and library service, safety, and security expert, Dr. Steve Albrecht.
Being a supervisor, especially if you are new to the role, can be a bit overwhelming. A lot of the skills and knowledge you need for your new role you were expected to pick up through OJT (“On The Job Training”) during your old role. Your life skills (talking, sharing, and interacting with people) and your work experiences (finishing projects, solving problems, serving others, meeting deadlines) as a library staffer are useful as you transition to being a supervisor, up to a point. You need new skills to meet the challenges of getting people to do what you ask, on time, and with the quality you expect.
Consider these ten tools as the ones most needed for your early and ongoing success:
- Creating Accountability and Responsibility
- DelegationProject Planning
- Internal and External Service Skills
- Coaching and Training
- Running Effective Meetings
- Budget Knowledge and Fiscal Discipline
- Time Management
- Praise and Performance Evaluation
- Meeting the needs of your boss (who might not be your old boss).
- The challenge of supervising colleagues who are your friends (or not your friends).
- Understanding the financial aspects of your job.
- Knowing the legal and HR-related issues of your job.
- Managing projects, people, and outcomes means you got to get and stay organized and time-efficient.
DATE: Friday, August 27th, 2021, at 4:00 pm Eastern Daylight Time
- $99/person – includes any-time access to the recording and the presentation slides and to receive a participation certificate. To arrange group discounts (see below), to submit a purchase order, or for any registration difficulties or questions, email [email protected]
- FREE for those on individual or group all-access passes (see below).
TO REGISTER: Click HERE. You will first need to be a member of Library 2.0 (free) and be logged in. Please click “Sign Up” on the top right and we’ll approve you quickly. You can pay by PayPal or credit card, and will receive immediate and permanent access to the webinar recording. If you have any trouble registering for a webinar, if you need to be invoiced, or if you have any questions, please email [email protected]