Modalidad: en línea
Organizado por: Library 2.0
Fecha: 19 de noviembre de 2021
A 30-minute training webinar presented by Library 2.0 and hosted by ALA author and library service, safety, and security expert, Dr. Steve Albrecht.
Street gang members are defined as a group who participates in criminal activities and organizes themselves around specific membership rites; geographic territory; a mindset (which may be economically, politically, or racially motivated); certain types of crimes related to drugs, theft, extortion, and violence; and specific clothing, tattoos, and names, that are often affiliated with a larger or a well-known gang. Some criminal gangs with a national or international reputation have been in operation since the end of World War II. In the US, over one million individuals – from large cities and rural communities, both males and females, and ranging in age from 12 to 60 – claim membership in over 33,00 organized street gangs. We do not want these people taking over our libraries and making patrons and staff afraid to come inside. This 30-minute webinar provides information, education, and advice to keep your library safe from the possibility of gang infiltration.
- Criminal street gangs in the US.
- What do gang members come to the library? (The answers may surprise you.)
- Signs of gang activity in your library.
- Talking to admitted or possible gang members: Know the gang culture.
- What resources can libraries use, besides only the police, to protect their libraries, patrons, and staff from gang activity?
DATE: Friday, November 19th, 2021, at 4:00 pm Eastern Daylight Time
- $49/person – includes any-time access to the recording and the presentation slides and to receive a participation certificate. To arrange group discounts (see below), to submit a purchase order, or for any registration difficulties or questions, email [email protected].
- FREE for those on individual or group all-access passes (see below).
TO REGISTER: Click HERE. You will first need to be a member of Library 2.0 (free) and be logged in. Please click “Sign Up” on the top right and we’ll approve you quickly. You can pay by PayPal or credit card, and will receive immediate and permanent access to the webinar recording. If you have any trouble registering for a webinar, if you need to be invoiced, or if you have any questions, please email [email protected].